[EM] [CES #4194] Re: The Occupy Movement: A Ray of Hope -- inPolitics

Leon Smith leon.p.smith at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 21:36:15 PST 2011

Like I said,  these people take a fairly comprehensive view on the
issues and do mention proportional representation,  which is something
that I think most people getting this message do advocate in one form
or another:

http://reformact.org/act/

I think the demand for 2014 end to FPTP hurts their credibility as it
comes off as bluster,  not least because people have been advocating
for these reforms for 100 years in the US.   And they seem to still be
exploring the issues,  and haven't zeroed in on a firm platform,
which is a good idea for a new group.    So yeah, they are new to the
party,  but hopefully those who advocate reform will start stepping on
each other's toes less and cooperating more.

Best,
Leon