[EM] typo

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 10:32:09 PST 2011

In my alternative definition of voting x over y, in the first sentence, I accidentally wrote
"is" when I meant "if". Here is the posting written correctly:

Alternative definition of voting x over y:

You're voting x over y if switching the names of x and y on your ballot could change the winner from x to y, but
could not change the winner from y to x.

[end of alternative definition of voting x over y]

This avoids the "probably" or the phrase "consistent with more configurations of other voters' ballots". It's simpler and
neater. Either definition would do.

Of course by this #2 definition, in IRV you never really know whether you're voting x over y or y over x.

No problem.

My criteria still apply to IRV. A criterion-failure-example-writer can always make up a monotonic example for hir
failure example.