[EM] the "meaning" of a vote (or lack thereof)

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:58:18 PDT 2011

> From: matt welland <matt at kiatoa.com>
> To: EM Methods <election-methods at lists.electorama.com>
> Subject: Re: [EM] the "meaning" of a vote (or lack thereof) and a
>        (new?) metric for voting systems

> Here in the US we have these things called "polls" which happen
> periodically prior to the real election. Other information sources might
> include attending political rallies and noticing the number of people
> attending, talking with friends and so forth.

FYI, Virtually all U.S. opinion polls, including the ANES Michigan U
academic polls adjust their samples (remove people from the sample) to
adjust the samples to match US election results based on the
unaudited, unchecked officially reported vote tallies.  Thus, if US
election results are being manipulated by any of the insiders who
secretly "secure" and process US ballots or who secretly count US
votes without any independent scrutiny or public oversight, then the
opinion polls are biased and do not give any more of a true picture of
US opinion than do the secretly processed and tallied US ballots, some
of which are even secretly cast (DRE votes).  We have very little, if
any, reason to believe in the integrity and accuracy of any close
election outcomes in the U.S. in the vast majority of US states, and
for the same reasons, we should be skeptical of virtually all US
opinion polls and the research based on them.

There are many many ways to tamper undetectably with election outcomes
in the US today, because there are  no routine procedures in place to
detect such tampering.

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org
Town of Colonie, NY 12304
"One of the best ways to keep any conversation civil is to support the
discussion with true facts."

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051