[EM] Voting reform statement

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 11:58:42 PDT 2011

> It's true that I might agree to a statement if all it said were "We believe
> that approval is marginally superior to plurality" (thought to the extent
> that I agreed, I don't think it's enough better to merit any energy in
> advocating it). But that's not what you're proposing. Is it?

No. I'm proposing saying that, in different words, along with a number of
other things with which you haven't disagreed. Including that we believe
that approval is a step towards systems which we see as significantly
superior to plurality. (Remember - just as approval is 2-level Range,
approval is also 2-level Schulze or what have you, and also
no-intercandidate-preference SODA, etc.) So, either propose some specific
change in the language relating to approval, or bring some other objection,
or both.

JQ