[EM] SODA strategy

Juho Laatu juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 13:32:04 PDT 2011

I checked the definition of SODA at the wiki page. Since the method consists of multiple phases and has many rules, it was difficult to find a simple mapping from that to one simple claim that could be proved or falsified. I also had some problems with terms semi-honest, non-semi-honest, self-reinforcing and defensive strategy below.

I had multiple thoughts on where SODA might be vulnerable and where not, but on the other hand I didn't know which phases were supposed to be "strategy free" and which way (the phases whose role I wondered were nomination, preference order declaration, voting and vote transfer). Maybe one could do this in smaller pieces, like handling separately the chicken problem for one of the phases etc. Another approach would be simply to list all identified possible vulnerabilities and then prove that all those cases are harmless. Is there one major claim that could sum it all (at least the claims) in one sentence or should we start from smaller pieces?

Juho