[EM] Schulze Method (Markus Schulze)

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 12:40:49 PDT 2010

Markus,

Unfortunately I don't have time to study it now, but a quick perusal
makes it seem written in a clear, easily-understood style of writing.

Am I to assume that this method solves the problem of irrelevant
alternatives (the spoiler problem) in all cases unlike both plurality
and IRV?

I do not know what "clone-independent" means (perhaps I should by now).

Thanks.

Kathy

> Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:27:07 +0200
> From: Markus Schulze <markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de>
> To: election-methods at electorama.com
> Subject: [EM] Schulze Method
>
> Hallo,
>
> I have uploaded a new version of my paper
> "A New Monotonic, Clone-Independent, ...":
>
> http://m-schulze.webhop.net/schulze1.pdf
>
> I have shortened my paper from 167 pages
> to 64 pages. The new version is simpler
> and more stringent than the old version
> (because, in the new version, I use one
> and only one heuristic for the Schulze
> method). The proofs are simpler because
> I moved the random ballot tie-breaker
> from section 2 to section 5.
>
> Markus Schulze

Kathy Dopp
http://electionmathematics.org
Town of Colonie, NY 12304
"One of the best ways to keep any conversation civil is to support the
discussion with true facts."

Fundamentals of Verifiable Elections
http://kathydopp.com/wordpress/?p=174

Realities Mar Instant Runoff Voting
http://electionmathematics.org/ucvAnalysis/US/RCV-IRV/InstantRunoffVotingFlaws.pdf

View some of my research on my SSRN Author page:
http://ssrn.com/author=1451051