[EM] election strategy paper, alternative Smith, web site relaunch

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 10:34:20 PST 2010

> A quick summary:

Quick reaction:

> ... I find that Hare and runoff are least frequently vulnerable to
> strategic voting, ...

... leaving aside the possibility of pairwise ties, I find that the
> existence of a sincere Condorcet winner is a necessary and sufficient
> condition for the existence of a core equilibrium in 8 of these 9 methods...

These two facts seem somewhat contradictory, since in order for Hare to
elect the Condorcet winner, voters must frequently use strategy. Are you
saying that strategy is even more frequent in other methods?

Also, what's your voter model? All possible sets of voter preferences? Real
elections, of course, frequently have much lower entropy than such a model;
but any other model involves questionable assumptions.

I'll read the paper and give further comments when I can.

JQ