[EM] another question regarding the UK PM election...

robert bristow-johnson rbj at audioimagination.com
Thu May 6 13:08:08 PDT 2010

on this side of the pond, we are taught that the Monarch is largely a
figurehead Head of State.  the dumb Wikipedia article says that "The
Monarch also chooses the Prime Minister, who then forms a government
from members of the houses of parliament. This must be someone who can
command a majority in the House of Commons."  how is she gonna do that
if no party has a majority?  it seems that if the Queen gets to
exercise a real judgment of her own in this decision, she is *far*
more than a figurehead.

r b-j                  rbj at audioimagination.com