[EM] Proportional election method needed for the Czech Green party - Council elections

Peter Zbornik pzbornik at gmail.com
Thu May 6 12:13:23 PDT 2010

Dear Markus Schulze, dear readers,

The example below is intriguing. But I am afraid I fail to understand
this formulation of Schulze's proportional ranking.
I would be grateful if M. Schulze or someone else, could give an
example, which could help me get it.
Specifically, I didn't understand what H[A(1),...,A(n-1),x,y] is. Is
it a function, H[A(1),...,A(n-1),x,y]=min(cardinality of T(i),
0<=i<=n+1 plus other criteria)?, I didn't get the properties of
T(n+1). Why are there n+1 partitions of the electorate and not only n?
Are hopefuls x. y two members of the set of all hopefuls? I guess yes.
Some reference to the definitions in the paper could be useful.
Thank you for you kind help.

Best regards
Peter Zbornik

Odesláno z mobilního zařízení