[EM] MinMax(AWP)

Chris Benham cbenhamau at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 5 16:54:07 PDT 2010

Forest,

In your last example it seems to me that reversing
> the four  A>>C preferences to C>>A makes C into a
>>Condorcet
> Winner.

I think you somehow misread it.

Before the reversed ballots:

31: A>>B
04: A>>C
32: B>>C
33: C>>A

A>B  68-32 = 34,   B>C  63-37 = 26,   C>A 65-35 = 30.

After the reversed ballots:

31: A>>B
32: B>>C
37: C>>A  (boosted from 33 by the 4 reversed ballots)

A>B  68-32 = 34,   B>C  63-37 = 26,   C>A 65-35 = 38.

Remember
> DMC?  DMC elects the lowest approval candidate that pairwise beats all
> of the candidates
>>with more approval.
Yes. The example of mon-raise failure also applies to it.

That's one reason I like UncAAO: it always picks from the Smith
> set, and will always pick the highest
>>
>approval member of the Smith set
>or someone that covers the highest approval member of the Smith set.

Can you please remind me: what is the precise definition of  "UncAAO" ?

Chris Benham