[EM] MEA CULPA

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Fri May 14 17:42:05 PDT 2010

Ever since I coined MEA for Majority Enhanced Approval I've been looking for an opportunity to
use "MEA CULPA" in the subject line of a message.  Now I have one.  I made a mistake in describing
the procedure for compuing the MEA winner.  I said ..

"Initialize the variable X with the approval winner.  Then while X is uncovered, replace X with the highest
approval candidate that covers X.  Elect the final value of X."

To correct this statement, either replace the word "uncovered" with "covered," or replace the word "while"
with the word "until:"

"Initialize the variable X with the approval winner.  Then while X is covered, replace X with the highest
approval candidate that covers X.  Elect the final value of X."

OR

"Initialize the variable X with the approval winner.  Then until X is uncovered, replace X with the highest
approval candidate that covers X.  Elect the final value of X."

That's better!

Forest