[EM] Voting systems theory and proportional representationvssimple representation. (Abd ul-Rahman Lomax)

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 15:56:46 PDT 2010

I have not had enough time to study this in depth but would personally
support this method only if it were counted using a Condorcet-like
method and thus avoids all the flaws such as nonmonotonicity, and
unequal treatment of voters' that STV exhibits.  I don't know what the
best method would be to count these, but this system sounds good if it
were monotonic and equitable, therefore STV counting methods would not
work, but I don't claim to know the best method to use to ensure
approximate proportional representation that is simple enough to count
to make it easily audited for accuracy and is fair to all voters and
monotonic.

Kathy

--

Kathy Dopp