[EM] Voting systems theory and proportional representationvssimple representation. (Abd ul-Rahman Lomax)

Terry Bouricius terryb at burlingtontelecom.net
Mon Mar 15 06:46:30 PDT 2010

Why would one want to have voters be restricted by the list order of one's
favorite candidate, instead of allowing the voters themselves to reorder
the party list (as happens with OPEN list systems - unlike closed party
list PR)? Is the idea to allow candidates to list candidates outside their
own party? Would parties put up with that from candidates they nominate,
or wouldn't they  insist on that level of party loyalty to receive the
party's nomination?

Terry Bouricius