[EM] A monotonic proportional multiwinner method

Warren Smith warren.wds at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 18:42:03 PST 2010

Kristofer Munsterhjelm's "monotonic proportional multiwinner method"
-- a few comments

(1) wow, very complicated.  Interesting, but I certainly do not feel
at present that
I fully understand it.

(2) RRV obeys a monotonicity property and a proportionality property
http://rangevoting.org/RRV.html

(3) assuming we're willing to spend exponential(C) computer time to handle
elections with C candidates, then KM's constraints form a "linear program" which
in fact would be an "01 integer program" if candidates get elected or
not (cannot be 37% elected).  Program has exponential(C) number of
constraints.

--
Warren D. Smith
http://RangeVoting.org  <-- add your endorsement (by clicking