[EM] Voting systems theory and proportional representation vs simple representation. (Abd ul-Rahman Lomax)

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 12:53:47 PST 2010

Abd ul, I agree with virtually all you say that I had time to read,
but would prefer party list voting over asset voting simply because it
forces the #1 elector, as you put it, to state in advance who he will
nominate with any excess votes and also in some systems gives the
voters a chance to vote for changes in the order of the list.  This
gives options to those voters who are well-informed that asset voting
does not.

Kathy

--

Kathy Dopp