[EM] Irrelevant Ballots Independent Fallback Approval (IBIFA)

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:28:42 PDT 2010

Chris,

I like this method.  It accomplishes more simply what I was trying to do with some of my DSV approval
methods:

Voters can approve good candidates with less risk for regret, because if their lower approvals wreck an
approval victory of their favorite, the IBIFA method detects this state and compensates for it.

Both the three slot and four slot versions seem like definite improvements over both Approval and Bucklin
without sacrificing the FBC, definitely worth testing and examining in more depth.

Forest