[EM] Range strategy pathological example (was Re: IRV vs Plurality)

Jameson Quinn jameson.quinn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:07:38 PST 2010

You can also rework the numbers so that a strategic centrist beats an
unstrategic majority-top candidate:
20% voters: 10 Ader, 7 Bore, 0 Cush
20% voters: 0 Ader, 10 Bore, 8 Cush
60% voters: 0 Ader, 6 Bore, 10 Cush

Now the Bore voters can win, if they use strategy and Cush doesn't. But Cush
has 60% first-choice support, and wins an honest Range vote!