[EM] I need an example of Condorcet method being subjected

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax abd at lomaxdesign.com
Fri Jan 22 10:16:06 PST 2010

At 08:58 PM 1/21/2010, Terry Bouricius wrote:
>Kathy,
>I will refrain from the "majority" discussion, as that is off topic.

It is very much on-topic. The spoiler effect is a problem because it
can shift results from a true majority result to one actually opposed
by a majority of voters. And this is the case with both versions of
the spoiler effect, and it is why the spoiler effect is consider a
harm. Eliminating one kind of spoiler effect, while leaving in place
another which is actually more pernicious, as seen in Burlington, is foolish.