[EM] IRV vs Plurality

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Fri Jan 8 17:41:23 PST 2010

I said "approval", not "Approval".  I read Range ratings of A-1, B-9,
and C-2 as saying B is much more strongly approved than A or B.

Saying it backwards, ranking A-1, B-9, and C-2 in  Condorcet makes B
more approved than A or C, but the ranking shows only equality or
inequality, while the amount of inequality neither has value nor is a
problem for Condorcet voters to have to labor to decide.

In summary, I do prefer Condorcet over Range - but do consider each to
be better than IRV or Plurality.

Dave Ketchum