[EM] IRV ballot pile count (proof of closed form)

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 15:19:39 PST 2010

Actually not all Condocet methods are nicely summable, although all
typical (commonly used) ones are. For example a method that uses IRV
if there is no Condorcet winner is not "nicely summable". Maybe
Condorcet methods that can find the winner based on the pairwise
comparison matrix only should be classified as one specific subset of
Condorcet methods. Some methods may add e.g. an explicit (approval)
cutoff to this, but in most cases this kind of additions are still
"nicely summable".

Juho