[EM] Compromise allocation of fair share

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Dec 15 12:31:46 PST 2010

How to use your homogeneous degree one function ballot to control the distribution of your share of the 
allocation (whether of number of seats or probability):

1.  As proved in the last post, if you want 100% to go to P1, then vote f(p)=p1.

2.  If you want 10%, 20%, 30%, and 40% , respectively of your share to go to P1, P2, P3, and P4, then 


and your vote will contribute tot the values of p1, p2, p3, and p4 in the perecise proportion


If, on the other hand, you want to move p maximally towards that proportion, you should vote

f(p)=min(p1,p2/2,p3/3,p4/4) .

To be continued...

More information about the Election-Methods mailing list