[EM] Strong Favorite Betrayal

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Aug 22 19:01:21 PDT 2010

Hi Alex,

At a glance the paper looks very interesting, although I can't help but
be frustrated that your citation for MDDA is Smith and Ossipoff, who
neither invented it nor discovered its properties...

Here is my proposal and investigation from June 2005, "A new method
satisfying FBC, SDSC, and SFC"
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/2005-June/016374.html

This is also linked from the electorama wiki:
http://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Majority_Defeat_Disqualification_Approval

That is to say, this method was deliberately designed to satisfy certain
properties, including FBC. Mike did not know whether these criteria were
compatible (he was advocating MMPO, which lacks SDSC), and I set out to
discover whether they were.

Kevin Venzke