[EM] Classifying 3-cand scenarios. LNHarm methods again.

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Wed Apr 21 12:17:17 PDT 2010

Somehow this thread forgot its primary address - sorry.

On Apr 21, 2010, at 11:04 AM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:

> Dave, i think you meant to respond to the EM list, not?
>
> i think you and i are on the same side, i just would not expect
> adopting Preferential Voting (be it Condorcet or IRV or something
> else) to replace primaries.  nor that it should replace primaries.

With Plurality voters can vote for only one.  There two candidates
nominated by one party would be seen as clones to any voter wanting to
vote for the party's candidate, being an intolerable handicap to such.

With such as Condorcet voters can vote for  multiple candidates,
removing the necessity for primaries.

You seem to see a remaining necessity - which is?  I am ready for
parties to do whatever they find most useful in campaign season, and
in preparing for that.