[EM] IRV proponents figure out how to make IRV precinct-summable

Terry Bouricius terryb at burlingtontelecom.net
Wed Mar 18 08:32:34 PDT 2009

Indeed, pixel scanning voting technology that captures complete ballot
images that can be interpreted using standard form-reading software allows
for ANY improved voting method AND increases election integrity by having
a redundant paper and machine record of every vote (making fraud extremely
difficult, since TWO records would need to be falsified). And this is not
a wish for the future, but happening right now. Several current election
administration companies (mainly running union elections) use such a
system currently, and at least one voting machine vendor (Avante, which
just won a huge contract to supply voting machines to the Philippines) has
such a system already federally tested in the U.S.

Terry Bouricius