[EM] IRV proponents figure out how to make IRV precinct-summable

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 02:22:20 PDT 2009

Apologies for the double post and my logic error of stating that the
IRV proponents with the help of ES&S found a way to make IRV
precinct-summable when of course they only found a way to count one of
the easiest possible IRV rounds (one with only two candidates
continuing in the contest) using today's optical scanners using an
incredibly ugly method that anyone would have to be insane to try
using.

Here is my revised post on this topic:

http://kathydopp.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/41-IRV-proponents-figure-out-how-to-count-IRV-with-todays-precinct-opti-scanners-for-restricted-case.html

It is entertaining IMO.

And at least I detected my own logic error before anyone had to point
it out to me, as I'm sure someone on this list would have.

Cheers,

Kathy