[EM] Schulze

Kristofer Munsterhjelm km-elmet at broadpark.no
Mon Jun 8 00:42:48 PDT 2009

Warren Smith wrote:
> The Schulze-beatpaths page Arpad was probably thinking of was
> http://rangevoting.org/SchulzeExplan.html
>
> The information thing now is summarized here
> http://rangevoting.org/PuzzInfo1.html
> which will be a future "puzzle"...

I think you should say that ranked ballots with equal-rank always
provide at least as much information as an Approval ballot, since you
can "replicate" Approval ballots by voting of the type A = B = C > D = E
= F.

For the puzzle, you might ask how many equal-rank ballots there are for
a given number of candidates. Another puzzle question might be, how to
create a method that turns an integer into a ranked ballot (without
equal rank) without having to use a lookup table. In an earlier post, I
showed an algorithm that does that.