[EM] National Popular Vote & Condorcet

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Thu Jul 2 15:43:43 PDT 2009

Ok, I thought, and still feel, that the topic needed some airing.

With the EC, and without NPV, each state can do their own thing for
deciding what instruction to give their EC members - and could do
better than Plurality if they choose.

With NPV there is need for more thought:
      Make all do Plurality?  Simple. but more and more realize that
voters need more control - and there is need for recognizing that this
is a national election with more variety of voter opinions as they
prepare to vote.
      Make all do an agreed better method, such as Condorcet?  Worth
thought - likely needs a C. Amendment.
      Each state select from an agreed set of methods?  Worth thought,
but this could inspire 14th Amendment complaints.

Dave Ketchum