[EM] Electowiki relicensed to Creative Commons Share Alike 3.0

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Sat Jul 25 21:56:54 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

For those of you who have never visited or contributed to Electowiki
(wiki.electorama.com), move along, nothing to see here.

For the rest of you, I just wanted to let you know:  the content there
is now under the Creative Commons Share Alike 3.0 license (previously
GFDL 1.2).  I did this in the spirit of keeping Electowiki aligned with
Wikipedia, which recently made the same move.  Additionally, I'm doing
it pretty close to the deadline, as the previous license (the GFDL) has
a deadline of August 1, 2009 to make such a move.

Electowiki hasn't really been active lately, and I don't think it gets
much traffic these days, but you never know if things might suddenly
pick back up.  So, I wanted to make sure that I made this change in
advance of the looming deadline.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Rob