[EM] Partisan Politics, or Rising Above It

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Thu Feb 19 05:37:25 PST 2009

Good Morning, Michael

re: "Sorry, I expanded the context."

As we used to say, years ago, 'sufficient unto the day is the evil
thereof'.  When responding to my comments about political parties, why
'expand the context'?  In a discussion of a complex topic, focus is
imperative.  Why go beyond the issues I raised.  If you can refute my
assertions about political parties, please do so.  If not, agree they
are correct, and we can proceed from that point.

In addition to altering the context of the discussion, you couched your
response in a different, and, to me, unintelligible, language.  If we
are to discuss a complex topic, it is important that we do so in a
common language.  I wrote my description in English.  That's the only
language I consider myself capable of using for communication.  If you
can explain why my comments about political parties are incorrect, and
would care to do so in English, I will respond as well as I can.

re: "To state the obvious is not fallacious ..."

Ya got me!

Fred Gohlke