[EM] Simmons Condorcet Cycle geometric example

fsimmons at pcc.edu fsimmons at pcc.edu
Tue Dec 15 14:53:30 PST 2009

Note that the poundstone example has the candidate sites offset from the centers of support.  It turns
out that this is inevitable in a three candidate example, i.e. if the respective supports are centered and
concentrated around the three respective candidates and preferences respect distances, then there can
be no Condoret Cycle.

So my four candidate geometrical example of a Condorcet cycle is minimal if you require the supporters
to be concentrated around the candidate positions.