[EM] PR-STV with approval based elimination

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:33:00 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Jonathan Lundell <jlundell at pobox.com> wrote:
> The problem with these approaches (a problem, anyway) is that they abandon
> later-no-harm. That seems a rather high price to pay.

Well, the first suggestion, where the approval ballot is separate from
the ranked ballot still meets later no harm (with respect to the
ranked ballot).  Ranking all the candidates is still risk free.

Also, I think later no harm basically means "won't compromise".  I am
not sure that it is even a desirable criterion for a method to have
and think that the fact that a method that doesn't meet later no harm
is a not major issue.