[EM] British Colombia considering change to STV

Terry Bouricius terryb at burlingtontelecom.net
Wed Apr 29 16:10:46 PDT 2009

Kathy,

While there are serious disagreements on this list about the relative
merits of various single-winner voting methods, I think you will find that
most people who have studied the STV form of proportional representation
agree that it is a very fair and very good method, and arguably the best
in use anywhere today. I can't imagine any thoughtful reformer wanting to
throw a monkey wrench into one of the most promising election reform
movements in the world today. Go BC-STV!

Terry Bouricius