[EM] "ADA"

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 14:16:16 PDT 2009

Good Afternoon, Graham

Thank you for the link to ADA (Anti-Democratic Action).  It is not the
kind of material I'd have read without your suggestion, but I enjoyed
it.  However much I may disagree with the stated purpose of the author,
there were a couple of interesting points in the essay.

If the proponent of those views were to join us here, it might lead to a
lively discussion.  The author's indictment of democracy appears to be
based on observation of the partisan-based systems we presently call
'democracies'.  That is, in my opinion, a misnomer.  A rigorous
examination of whether such systems can properly be called 'democratic'
would be worth the effort such careful thought demands.

Fred Gohlke