[EM] the 'who' and the 'what' - trying again

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:24:37 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Dave Ketchum <davek at clarityconnect.com> wrote:
>> The idea of having a Condorcet party is to gradually transform Plurality
>> elections into Condorcet elections.
>
> Disturbing existing elections by marrying in something from Condorcet seems
> very destructive considering possible benefits, so how about:
>     Run a phantom Condorcet election with current candidates before the
> existing voting.

Right that is what I was thinking.  It was that a party would hold a
condorcet primary.

> Candidates can drop out if they choose:
>     Third party candidates have little to lose.
>     Major party candidates risk static as to why they did not dare.

Also, I wonder if they could be put on the ballot anyway.  Would that be legal?

> Those who choose to, vote via internet.

This generates massive participation biases.  You need some way to
cancel them out.

> Thus we have ballots to count and report on as a sort of poll.

The trick is to make it so that voters don't just see it as another poll.