[EM] the 'who' and the 'what'

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:20:00 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Dave Ketchum <davek at clarityconnect.com> wrote:
> I do not see your logic, but anything that gets exposure to true Condorcet
> has possibilities.

If you want a condorcet election, but don't have the ability to change
the law, this might be a way to do it.  You need to set up a party and
convince enough people to actually vote in your primary so that the
media give the results some importance.

If you convince enough people to vote in the condorcet "pre-election",
then the winner should be able to argue that he is one of the top-2.

> State funds exist, but question here is justification for spending more.

Well, how is it different from a normal 3rd party holding a primary?

>> The parties are always going to be able to help their candidate win.
>
> Back to Obama and Clinton.

I meant that if there is a party, it will help its candidates win.
You are correct that each party would need some way to decide who
their candidate is though.