[EM] Question on RCV/IRV multi-seat method used in Minneapolis

Kathy Dopp kathy.dopp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:59:36 PDT 2008

Ralph,

Thank you.

Wow. I just realized - What an absolute arithmetic complicated mess or
arbitrarily unfair system this will be whenever the third choice votes
of voters must be transferred in this same split-vote manner.

Has anyone described the mathematical formulas for transferring excess
votes above the threshold amounts by using a mathematical system that
accurately reflects all voters rankings or has this only been done by
using the arbitrary unfair (inaccurate) random selection of ballots
method when it comes to using voters' third or lower rankings in these
multi-seat elections?

Kathy

--

Kathy Dopp

The material expressed herein is the informed product of the author
Kathy Dopp's fact-finding and investigative efforts. Dopp is a
Mathematician, Expert in election audit mathematics and procedures; in
exit poll discrepancy analysis; and can be reached at

P.O. Box 680192
Park City, UT 84068
phone 435-658-4657

http://utahcountvotes.org
http://electionmathematics.org
http://electionarchive.org

How to Audit Election Outcome Accuracy
http://electionarchive.org/ucvAnalysis/US/paper-audits/VoteCountAuditBillRequest.pdf

History of Confidence Election Auditing Development & Overview of
Election Auditing Fundamentals
http://electionarchive.org/ucvAnalysis/US/paper-audits/History-of-Election-Auditing-Development.pdf

Voters Have Reason to Worry
http://utahcountvotes.org/UT/UtahCountVotes-ThadHall-Response.pdf