[EM] Delegable proxy/cascade and killer apps

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 06:44:54 PDT 2008

On 9/22/08, Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> wrote:
> We're sunk if V(0) depends on short term benefit.  We've got nothing
>  short term to offer.  And we're asking a lot (high material C).  The
>  initial users will have to test the code.

I meant personal benefit, not short term, but the issue still arises.

>  I imagine the biggest thing on offer (for N = 0 to 9) is the distant
>  promise of what it's designed to do.  We have to express that promise,
>  and hold it out as worth reaching for (which it is!).

It has potential as an organising system.  However, with only 10
people, it might be easier to just discuss the issue directly.

I wonder if targetting a specific problem might help.  Take something
like a homeowner's association.  That is large enough that not
everyone bothers to get involved and small enough as a test system.

Some have complained that the current system is not very effective and
somewhat undemocratic.  Your system could help people with very little
time to participate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeowners_association

There would probably be resistance to setting it up by existing directors.