[EM] Delegable proxy/cascade and killer apps

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Sep 17 15:18:07 PDT 2008

Kristofer Munsterhjelm wrote:
> If computers are permitted, then to keep sock puppets away and formalize
> trust networks, you might use a trust metric. When given direct trust (A
> trusts B to this extent), they extrapolate indirect trust (A trusts C
> because A trusts B and B trusts C). Some of the trust metrics also aim to be
> hard to manipulate, so that, for instance, if a user makes 1000 clones, all
> of these clones are bottlenecked through that user and so trust adjustments
> against the user affects all the clones as well.

My trust network for the electoral register has bottlenecking.  It's
still poorly doc'd.  I have only the code:

http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/a/register/trust/package-summary.html

Raph Frank wrote:
> This is another for film ratings.  It gives each moving a score and is
> resistant to random raters.
>
> http://www.mathaware.org/mam/08/reputation.pdf

Thanks for the refs gents.  My searches turned up nothing.  I'll read
these shortly, when I doc the network.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, 647-436-4521