[EM] language/framing quibble

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Tue Sep 9 06:10:11 PDT 2008

Good Morning, Raph

Thank you for posting my letter.

I suspect we are seeing the process differently.  In my view, candidates
can only stand for election in a single district and the only candidates
the electorate will consider are those seeking election from their
district:  "I'm Honest Joe, and I'm seeking election from the July
3rd/July 8th district."

OK, we'll need a less cumbersome district naming convention, but that's
the idea.

I agree that, as you say, it is a 'pure majority system' but it is a
majority of 1/73rd of a diverse cross-section of an electorate of
4,000,000.  In such an situation, there would be no 'safe' seats.

Fred