[EM] No geographical districts

Stéphane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 4 22:01:37 PDT 2008

Dear Raph,

your understanding is perfect.
Of course using still FPTP with virtual districts would typicaly produce an
assembly with all the
seats of the same party. It was designed to be used with an open list
system, as much proportional as possible (to the integrality limit). The
list is filled from individual support gathered from
each candidates, having equivalent sample of the electorate let us suppose
that the one which have the best results promote the best ideas. SPPA
provides some other details like the possibility to vote None and an option
to garantee an almost majoritarian government at most for stability purpose.

http://www.citizensassembly.bc.ca/public/get_involved/submission/R/ROUILLON-65
You are welcome to comment. At least I hope you have fun reading it if you
find the time.