[EM] No geographical districts

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Thu Sep 4 13:18:38 PDT 2008

Good Afternoon, Stephane Rouillon

I, for one, find your suggestion original and elegant.

You have described a simple way of dividing the people into districts,
independent not only of their geographic location but of their
ideological predispositions, as well.  Candidates who seek to represent
such 'districts' must attract the support of the entire community.  They
must be truly representative of the district they seek to represent.
That is enormously different than the monstrosities we endure because of
partisan politics.

Thank you very much for a wonderful idea.  It seeks to empower the
people rather than any group.  I fear it bears little chance of adoption
because it protects no vested interest.  The only way such a process
will ever be adopted is if the concept can be made a topic of
discussion, particularly among students interested in achieving a
righteous government.

Fred