[EM] Some chance for consensus (was: Buying Votes)

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 07:35:22 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Jobst Heitzig <heitzig-j at web.de> wrote:
> Dear Raph,
>
> you wrote:
>> I was thinking of a 'stable marriage problem' like solution.
>
> Good idea! If it works, the main difficulty will be to make the whole process monotonic, I guess...
>
> Yours, Jobst

I think the method which eliminates the lowest probability candidate
will be non-monotonic.

In the single run case, the fundamental problem is that bilateral
monopolies can exist.  You can gain by not offering compromises.
However, assuming competition, you might be 'outbid' by another
voter/party if you do that.