[EM] NPV vs Condorcet

Paul Kislanko kislanko at airmail.net
Mon Oct 20 20:15:45 PDT 2008

Re:
Is the Electoral College recognized as having lived ot its useful life?  If
so, perhaps we could do up a worthwhile constitutional amendment.

For the same reason we have an Electoral College there's no way to get a
Constitutional Amendmendt on the ballot - such a suggestion would have to
pass the Senate, wherein even the smallest state has two representatives who
would be against the idea.

For the same reason the EC is bad, it can't ever be changed - it gives an
inordinate amount of authority to the "small" states, and those states, now
that they have it, are not likely to give it up.