[EM] Asset Voting

Raph Frank raphfrk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:34:09 PDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Greg Nisbet <gregory.nisbet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting point...
>
> Will there be factorial as many candidates?

No, but there is a point of decreasing returns.  Is 10 options is
better than 1 option, but 100 options isn't that much better than 10.

> Since the voters have less power now, is it better to switch power
> over to the candidates?

Dunno, I think there is a potential conflict between electors and the
voters.  Electors are likely to have a greater loyalty to the party
than the general public.

> If that is the case, then under STV every voter is an elector. There
> are still more "electors" in STV than in Asset.

However, voters don't negotiate.

The negotiation is the plus point for Asset.  OTOH, PR-STV has more
direct control by the voters.