[EM] Voting Theory and Populism

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 19 08:18:38 PDT 2008

Hi Raph,

--- En date de : Dim 19.10.08, Raph Frank <raphfrk at gmail.com> a écrit :
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Kevin Venzke
> <stepjak at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > The second method isn't clone-independent either,
> given the possibility
> > that B could defeat a single A, but lose if A is
> cloned.
>
> However, if B is preferred to A by a majority, then those
> voters
> shouldn't approve A at all.  Ofc, that come down to
> strategy.

Maybe I haven't read closely enough. I thought the method was to simply
have a runoff between the top two approved candidates.

In the example mentioned, it didn't seem to me that anybody had majority
approval, in which case it isn't clear who would win a runoff. Maybe I
was misreading the scores as actual ballots.

Kevin Venzke