[EM] FW: IRV Challenge - Press Announcement

Bob Richard lists001 at robertjrichard.com
Wed Oct 8 18:26:00 PDT 2008

> So, this is a legal test of PR-STV not IRV?

Minneapolis adopted IRV for all single-winner offices (including the city council elected from single member districts) and STV for two elected commissions with at-large seats. The plaintiff in the suit is arguing that they are both unconstitutional for the same reasons. I don't recall any arguments in the plaintiff's briefs that are said to apply to one and not the other.

--

Bob Richard
Marin Ranked Voting