[EM] the 'who' and the 'what' - trying again

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat Oct 4 17:58:19 PDT 2008

Dave Ketchum wrote:
>>>     In simulation there is value, and sometimes excessive temptation, in
>>> tailoring test cases to favor a desired result.
>> Maybe try an open simulator.  Make the "electorate engine" pluggable
>> so experimenters can try different voting behaviours.  That should
>> protect against bias.
> I was proposing a poll, so bias is expectable.  Only whatever behavior he
> poll takers offer together.
>
> I was proposing multiple formulas for cycles, all to be done to let users
> compare formulas.

OK.  I was replying to your critique of simulation as an *alternative*
to polling (or any other source of live votes).  In simulation, the
bias that an open framework can correct is experimenter bias in (as
you say) "tailoring test cases".  That's all.

--
Michael Allan

Toronto, 647-436-4521
http://zelea.com/