[Election-Methods] [english 95%] Re: [english 94%] Re: method design challenge +new method AMP

Juho juho4880 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 8 15:53:52 PDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 0:29 , raphfrk at netscape.net wrote:

> There needs to be some system for providing an incentive for people
> to give their honest ratings.  A random system with trading seems
> like a reasonable solution.

I see elections that elect different candidates with different
probabilities as a special class of election methods. Therefore also
for this challenge I'm interested in finding best solutions for both
cases, probability based and deterministic election of the candidate
that is considered best. (Roughly the question is if one wants to
give Stalin and other unwanted fellows a small probability to become
elected or a zero probability.)

It would be good to have methods that do not necessarily elect the
majority winners but are more compromise oriented. And it would be
good to have methods that are able to use (relatively) sincere
ratings as input.

Juho