[Election-Methods] Partisan Politics

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Tue Mar 25 11:42:56 PDT 2008

Good Morning, Juho

re: "The method introduces some clear benefits but also some problems.
I'd maybe try to find a method that would keep most of the benefits and
eliminate most of the problems. (There could be many paths forward.)"

I agree.  We have many options.  Right now, our best bet is to apply as
much critical thought as we can on as many aspects of the matter as we
can envision.  It took 200-odd years for what De Tocqueville called The
Great Experiment to reach its current state of disrepair.  It will
probably take as long before we learn to implement a more democratic
form of government.  Most of that time will be spent examining ideas.

Fred