[Election-Methods] YN model - simple voting model in which range optimal, others not

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Sun Mar 23 20:21:09 PDT 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:35:13 -0400 Warren Smith wrote:
> The "YN model" - a simple voting model in which range voting behaves
> optimally while many competing voting systems (including Condorcet)
> can behave pessimally:
>
> http://rangevoting.org/PuzzAggreg.html

When I stare at this all I get is headaches:

Why would Plurality voters be attracted to candidates with 3 Ys, or no Ys
- yet reject 4 Ys?

Why would Condorcet voters seem to be attracted to Ns?  If the answer is
that they truly are, why should Condorcet be blamed as if a bad method?
                  If you want peace, work for justice.